Thursday, January 6, 2011

New York City Assassin from the Future!


While on the Subway in New York City I stared at a man who appeared to be from the future. I suppose it’s possible that most everyone looks somewhat out of place in New York City, but his appearance and style were similar to that of Kyle Reese from the Terminator movie. Now some of you may be thinking, “But Kyle Reese wasn't an assassin.” And you know what? Tomato Tomäto. The original Terminator franchise is about someone coming back to assassinate John Connor or someone related to him... So let's not get stuck on minutiae. Anyways, I concluded that my assumption was correct and he was in fact sent to find some unsuspecting future leader who somehow would change the world, maybe for the better.

I was transfixed on this dude, and I started to think that If he was indeed the assassin I believed he was, what type of workout regime would he have? What absurd skills would he have acquired over the years? And more importantly, how could I get those same skills?

Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) in The Bourne Trilogy intrigued me because of his ability to remember the most minute details, escape from danger, and take care of the guys who were trying to kill him. One of my favorite lines in the first movie is,
I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking
Think about the qualifier on that last line. Jason Bourne can run flat out for 0.5 miles at high altitudes. Does that mean he could run flat out for longer in more ideal environments before his hands start shaking? Another thing, it doesn't say that he'll stop running, just that his hands start shaking. Imagine the conditioning both mentally and physically to be able to do any of the things he says above.

While I personally have no desire to harm anybody, I would like to know what it takes to be, as Barney Ross (Sylverster Stallone) put it in The Expendables, "The shadow, the smoke in your eyes, the ghosts that hide in the night." Alright, not the most quotable movie, but the guys in that movie are icons of pure manliness as well.

The Subway train came to a stop, and Mr. Assassin stepped off, but not before looking at me. I quickly diverted my eyes down at my luggage avoiding his gaze, and after that subway ride into Manhattan I made the decision to start a blog dedicated to my own personal development in increasing my physical and mental abilities while attempting to become awesome. Who knows... if that guy really was from the future, maybe he read this blog as a kid, and I set him on the his destructive path. If that is the case, I apologize to the possible future leader who lost his life because of my desire to improve myself.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe that guy from the future was you after your training.
    Sorry, I made a mistake in my first response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, considering that I'm only 13, maybe your right

    ReplyDelete